Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Butterfly Thank You

I created this card for a black and white swap and got to use my new stamps from Sweet Pea Stamps. I love this Butterfly Thank You. It turned out even better than I had hoped!!!

I embossed the butterfly image in white on black card stock, cut it out and mounted it on white. The frame that is part of the image gives it the look of double matting even though it isn't.
I created my own patterned background by using the Thank You word stamp that was part of the full plate #2. I also stamped the word on white card stock, trimmed and mounted on black. I ran some additional card stock through a Cuttlebug embossing folder and distressed with white ink. I used a border punch on the top layer of the card and layered some black card stock underneath it on the inside of the card. I put it all together with the addition of some black ribbon with white stitching I had on hand and a couple of punched butterflies. - Alex

2 comments:

  1. beautiful card, I love the black and white theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card and this stamp! Thhink I'll steal the embossing idea for my Paris stamp ;)

    ReplyDelete