Friday, August 21, 2009

It's hip to be Square!

Here's a cute 6" square card using Hayden of the Gum Drop Gang from Plate #8. The quote reads "All the flowers of all the tomorrows are in the seeds of today -Indian Proverb" Oh how true that is. Wherever we go we are planting seeds everywhere to produce flowers for tomorrow. I love to think that the cards I make plant seeds (ideas, thoughts, love) in people that flourish later.


This card started with a nice square card that was off white in color. I stamped the Hayden image using a VersaFine ink pad and allowed it to dry. I used Derwent Inktense watercolor pencils and a blender pen to add the coloring. I mounted the image on a nice yellow cardstock and rounded the corners.


I stamped the saying on white cardstock and colored the edges with my ColorBox Chalk ink pad. I stapled ribbons to the edges and trimmed them to matching lengths. I then mounted the image and the saying to the card with 1/8" pop dots. I used the same ColorBox Chalk pad to color the edges of the card and finished it off by adding colored skittles (clear acrylic pebbles) to the card with glue dots.

Project Materials:
Stamps (Plate #8 Gumdrop Gang from Sweet Pea Stamps); Colors (Derwent Inktense, Copic Marker E00); Ink pads (VersaFine Black, ColorBox Chalk Yellow Ochre); Skittles (dyed in yellow); Adhesives (1/8" thickness pop dots, glue dots); Tools (Corner Rounds, Stapler with yellow staples, Blender Pen);
Happy Friday All!
Holley

1 comment:

  1. I am a big fan/follower of Holley's work. Her attention to detail, like the color of the hair; her clear directions and most of all her inner thoughts regarding each card created. I am looking forward to my first sweet pea stamps.

    ReplyDelete