Sunday, August 23, 2009

Vintage bookmark

One of my absolute favorite stamp sheets from Sweet Pea Stamps is the Paris - plate 6 (that is on sale by the way for only $5.63.)
I've been wanting to play with it ever since I got them last week and I finally felt creative enough to do something with it.



I decided to make a tag/bookmark - getting inspired by Tim Holtz's Christmas tags. I finally got to use my alcohol inks that I bought ages ago. I think I have the wrong tools for them and that's why they haven't been working properly. The felt I have is too thin and the paper too porous.



I started by cutting out a piece of shrink plastic in my cuttlebug. I used one of my big tags. After that I inked the big Paris stamp with black staz-on ink, right side up I put on the shrink plastic and rubbed a little to get ink all over the tag. After the ink dried I turned it over and on the BACKSIDE I inked it with alcohol inks. I used butterscotch, cranberry and eggplant. Then I heated it so it shrunk and after it cooled down I coloured the edges with a gold pen.


The big tag is coloured using the same inks, blotted around at random. After I coloured it I stamped the big Paris stamp over it with staz-on ink and edged with the gold pen. Finally I found a coordinating fiber and attached the small tag to the big one. Voilá - we have a fabulous bookmark!



I hope you liked what I did today. I think even T!m would've been proud :)

Click on the photo to get a better look.

1 comment: