Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Post It Notebooks


Check out the embellishments on the front cover of these notebooks....
I made them using clay and one of the Sweet Pea stamps from plate #6. After rolling out the clay to approx 1/4" thick I pushed the stamp into the clay. Before baking the clay I brushed various colors of perfect pearls onto the clay using a small brush. I attached these great embellishments onto the front covers after the notebooks were bound.
To make the notebook I cut the front and back covers from mat board - approx 3 1/4" x 3 3/4".
I cut pieces larger than the covers from core'dinations cardstock. That is a cardstock that is a different color on each side, and when you sand one side of the cardstock the color from the other side will show through. I ran the core'dinations pieces through the Cuttlebug using the script embossing folder. Then I sanded the piece so that the color from the other side of the cardstock piece would show through.
I covered the front and back covers with this embossed cardstock
I glued a piece of coordinating cardstock to the inside of both the front and back covers.
I bound the books using my Bind It All. Be sure to bind the front and back covers together before attaching the post-it note to the inside.
The great thing about this notebook is that when this packet of post it notes are used up you can just attach a new packet to the back cover of the notebook.
Give this a try... they'll make great gifts!
Have fun... Chrissy

1 comment:

  1. Chrissy, these are great, I love them. They would make wonderful inexpensive gifts for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete