Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Angel and Domino Art


Do you believe in Angels? I do! Today's card was created with one of the angel stamps from Plate 17. Whenever I stamp out images, I generally will stamp out several copies to keep on hand for later or for those rare instances of mistakes (I'm kidding you know.... I make mistakes ALL the time). This also came in handy this past month with the stress of being sick, holidays, work and room remodel because I just pulled out several of these stamped images, colored them with Copics and then used my square punches to punch out the image and the matting to quickly assemble this card. It really came together quickly, which was a good thing!

I absolutely love the images on Plate 17. They are so versatile. I can use these stamps with any season, such as Christmas in today's card. Valentine's, Easter, Guardian Angel, Comfort, Faith are all themes that this angel can be used in. I'm thinking a New Baby card with this beautiful angel would be awesome... hm!

This plate is also perfect to use for stamping on dominoes. This is such a quick gift to create and really, really easy.

For a tutorial & pictures, go here!

All you need are dominoes and Staz On ink pad. That's it! Well, since patience is not one of my strong points and I am always doing everything at the last minute, you might want to use your heat gun to speed the drying time. Once completely dry, I just glued the dominoes onto the frame backing (or if you are like me and have lots of sturdy cardboard laying around, use that).

I don't seal it but you could and I may actually try this technique except make a necklace....again, possibilities are endless! Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out the Sweet Pea Stamps shop and make sure to check back here tomorrow for more inspiration!

7 comments:

  1. beautiful projects, loved the framed domino - jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such vibrant colors! Love how you did the ribbon Micki.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are amazing, Micki, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these- especially the domino project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the domino frame, colours are gorgeous !!!
    hugs
    Mag :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects. Love the domino idea. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing projects Micki!! That domino art is stunning and soooo creative! WOW!

    ReplyDelete