Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Enchanting Christmas card

There are some ching-chou kuik images that will help you create some enchanting Christmas cards. This image is on Sweet Pea Plate #20.
I stamped the image on white card stock using India black ink and then colored with twinkling H2O's. After cutting the image in a rectangular fashion I used a decorative corner punch for each of the four corners and then ran a silver krylon pen around the edges. I mounted the image onto a piece of glossy card stock that was colored with a variety of blue, green, and silver alcohol inks. I added some silver holly peel offs in the corners of the glossy card stock. I then cut a piece of burgundy 'ish colored card stock to be slightly wider than the glossy piece. Before mounting I ran the left and right edge of the burgundy card stock through the Cuttlebug with a holly-bordered embossing folder. The light aqua colored card was also run through the Cuttlebug with another of the border embossing folders along the right side of the card. Then the burgundy piece was mounted to the card slightly to the left of center so that the entire embossed edge could be seen.
I think these fantasy images add a bit of enchantment to any card, don't you??
Keep creating... Chrissy

4 comments:

  1. I love these aqua colours too !!!
    Beautiful Card.
    Hugs
    Mag :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo- I really love what you did here! Great colors and combination of layers!

    ReplyDelete