Monday, January 25, 2010

A diagonal tri-fold card

I used 2 images and one of the sentiments from Sweet Ppea Plate #17 when creating this diagonal tri-fold card.
The basics of this card design are:
- a 3 1/2 x 10 1/2" piece for the base. This piece is scored at 3 1/2 and 7" with both ends folded to the middle
- then score each end of the base piece on a diagonal, with both scores performed in the same direction. At each end of the base these are folded to the front of the card. This is confusing and may be better understood by looking at some of the following pictures.
- cut a piece of decorative card stock to 3 1/4 x 3 1/4". This will be used on the front panel. Then cut this piece in half on the diagonal and adhere to the 2 triangles that are the front panel of the card.

The angel image I used on the front panel was stamped with India black ink onto a piece of card stock that I had sprayed with homemade color mists I created using water and pearl ex.
The angel image attached to the front panel is only attached to the upper left triangle of the card front. To open this card untie the ribbon and then flip the left side open.
When I created this card I taped the ribbon onto the card behind the image used on the card front. You wouldn't need to permanently attach the ribbon.

Now, flip open the right side and you can see how the card looks opened. I used another image and a sentiment from the same plate (#17). The angel image is a duplicate of the image used on the front panel... just in miniature form. And the sentiment is perfect for this card and for someone special... "We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another."
The miniature angel images were stamped with black India ink onto an alcohol ink created background. I stamped the sentiment with denim adirondack dye ink.
Here's another look at the open card so that you can see how the folds work to create this card. I think that if you Google 'diagonal tri-fold card' you may find other examples of this design.
I'm sure there is someone in your life that would love a specially designed card like this. It is really easy, give it a try!
Chrissy

8 comments:

  1. Chrissy, another beautuiful card. I love the folding of this card, I have never seen this before, very clever. Your stuff amazes me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Chrissy! My tri-folds never turn out that nice.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! The image is perfect and such a peaceful feel. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this pattern! I will have to make some cards like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this sort of card, so nice !!!
    Hugs
    Mag :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chrissy, this is another wonderful project and beautiful card!! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! chrissy just seen your card it's amazing, I am definately going to give this one a try.
    TERESA

    ReplyDelete