Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Oriental Tranquility



I have loads of this DP from Heidi Grace and just love the tranquility of oriental letters. They are so .... I don't know how to describe it...... peaceful and beautiful. I created this card a couple of weeks ago but completely forgot to share it here with you.

As is becoming my habit, I colored "The Serene Night" one evening sitting on the couch in the family room, with my copics. Generally I just pick colors that happen to appeal to me at the moment, however for this image, I knew I wanted to pair it with this DP. To add some visual interest, I added the red rhinestones. I almost always design a layout by what looks right to me - if I don't use a sketch. Now that doesn't always work out but in this case it did.

I stamped both the mermaid and the sentiment with Momento Tuxedo Black ink onto Neenah Classic Solar White card stock. The Serene Night and the sentiment is part of ©ching-chou kuik's Fantasy Art Collection Sheet 4, plate 24. And if you haven't already checked out the store, you are missing out. So make sure to head over to Sweet Pea Stamps to see all of the beautiful stamps available.

7 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Micki, love the colors, so viberant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous! Even though the colors are so bold, it really is a tranquil card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful..... just beautiful!
    Hugs
    Michelle
    http://love4papercrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! I really love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is so beautifully colored! It looks fabulous with that paper, too! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  6. Micki this is gorgeous!! I love the vibrant colors!!! So beautifully colored! Cool background!

    ReplyDelete