Monday, February 22, 2010

More Diagonal Tri-fold cards

I had so much fun making these small diagonal tri-fold cards that I've made more of them. You can see the dimensions and more about how these cards are put together in a previous post dated Jan 25, 2010. Or, you can Google 'diagonal tri-fold cards' to get more info about them.
I stamped this beautiful butterfly collage stamp found on Sweet Pea plate #2 using black India ink onto a background piece created on glossy card stock. Sorry for the glare that appears on my picture of the card front. Before doing anything else I used a Cuttlebug border embossing folder around all 4 sides of the front of the card. I then measured and cut a piece of silver metallic ribbon and attached it to the back of the butterfly image. I then attached the image and ribbon only to the left upper triangle of the card front.

With the left front panel partially opened you can better see the embossed edges of the front panels. I like how this Cuttlebug embossed border works so well with the design of the stamp. I think it provides an elegant, yet simple, look to the card.



The inside of this card is very simple. The 2 sentiments used are also on Sweet Pea Plate #2. I stamped them onto orchid card stock and trimmed with a decorative edge scissors. This is a small card and I think too much would overpower it. After all, it's the thought that counts.... and I love the thought that this sentiment is conveying.


For this diagonal tri-fold card I've chosen a sentiment as the front of the card. This sentiment and the images inside can be found on Sweet Pea plate #17. I love this sentiment and think this card is perfect to send to a special friend for no special occasion... just as a reminder that his or her friendship is special.
After cutting and folding the blue card stock, I cut a piece of decorative paper to be slightly smaller than the front panel. I cut that piece on the diagonal and attached each of the triangles to the left and right of the card front. I stamped the sentiment onto a small piece of blue card stock and then trimmed using an EK Success border punch. I attached a sheer blue ribbon to the back of the sentiment and then attached just the left side of the piece to the front left triangle of the card front.

In this picture I've flipped open just the left side of the card so that you get a better sense of how this card is folded. And you can see how the sentiment attached to the front of the card is only attached to the upper left triangle of the front of this card.



This is the card fully opened. These angel images are also on Plate #17. The miniature images on the left and right panel are the same as the image on the center panel. I stamped the miniature images onto an alcohol ink created background and the central image was stamped onto a piece of water color paper that I had sprayed with watercolor spray I had mixed using water and pearl ex powders. I matted the central angel image onto a piece of pink card stock so that it would pop a bit off the card.

The heart collage image found in the center of this card is on Sweetpea Plate #27.
After cutting and folding the card I ripped a piece of handmade background paper that a friend had given me. This piece is actually made from a brown paper bag! I centered it across the card front before cutting it in half on the diagonal and then adhered to the card front with double sided tape. I stamped the heart collage image using india black ink onto a piece of white card stock that I had sponged with various colors of distress inks. I trimmed to slightly larger than the heart. I measured and cut a piece of purple ribbon so that it would fit around the card and tie into a bow. I taped the ribbon to the heart first and then attached the left upper portion of the heart image to the left upper triangle of the card front only.

In this picture I've opened up just the left side of the card. I used some gold metallic heavy card stock pieces on the inside and stamped 2 of the sentiments and 1 of the other images from Plate #27. The card stock really soaked up the ink so the words and images are fairly light colored even though I used black india ink.


With the card opened to it's fullest, you can see the placement of the sentiments and the image more clearly. I used another piece of the same background paper on the inside center panel. I think it helps to highlight the stamped sentiment.

9 comments:

  1. The folding technique on your card is wonderful Chrissy, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this a fun tech! I haven't made one of these cards for a long time, thanks for reminding me Chrissy!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissy a great card I will have to give this one a go, something different to make!!
    Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these little folded cards!! I love that piece of homemade papewr made out of a brown paper bag!! They all look great Chrissy!!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this project Chrissy and the embossing really goes great with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are such lovely, unique cards! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  7. You rock this card style Chrissy! I love the handmade paper. I love even more you used it, I would probably have just fondled it for years :)

    ReplyDelete