Friday, March 26, 2010

Brown Hats, Green Fairies and Pink Spray...

Elaine Cox's "Brown Hat Spring Fairy"

One of my favorite new Elaine Cox images! The owls are just too sweet. This image is called 'Brown Hat Spring Fairy', however I gave her a pinkish hat, and while I was at it, a purple owl.

Ching-Chou Kuik's "Shining On" Haiti Relief Stamp
[*50% of the sales of this stamp will be donated to Doctors Without Borders]

I love using monochromatic color schemes. Here, I have colored the Haiti Relief Stamp "Shining On" in multiple shades of Copic Markers in the lucky March colors of: G -green, BG, blue-green, and YG, yellow-green families.


A "faux airbrushing" technique:

Elaine Cox's "Celestial Garden Fairy"
For this 'faux airbrushing' technique I used a Ranger Mini Mister with some of my Copic Various refills and concocted my own special custom Copic color spray. Think of all the colors you can make!
Best part, I made this little ATC in about 5 minutes.
Note: Whenever working with Copics in "spray" form, you should ALWAYS work in a well ventilated area. Do NOT inhale.
Various Refills contain 25cc's of refill. It's approximately 30 cents per cc retail. I used approximately 1/2 of a cc on my ATC. It seems like a lot. But in the long run so much cheaper and less complex than an airbrush system. You won't get the perfect even coverage that you would with an airbrush. But the effect is still soft and fun. And, you can spray ribbons, flowers, etc.
Recipe: RV10 4ccs, R20 1cc, RV06 1cc

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful work Randi! I especially like your tut on the spray technique. I need to try that out. Love the effect you got.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randi, I LOVE the results of this technique! You did a wonderful job on these three images. I especially love the Brown Hat Spring Fairy card, too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Randi, love it..... I'd soooooo take your class if only I lived closer :-). I totally love your "Shining On" .... love the greens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Randi, all of these are jsut beautiful!! Love the Brown Hat Spring Fairy and the green Shining On!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete