Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Seeing Through

Hi Everyone, I was able to sneak in some 'crafting time' and decided to finish coloring up this beautiful fairy, Chin-Chou Kuik's "Seeing Through" from Plate #42. I decided to add the sentiment from Plate #29.


Seeing Through

I used Copics to color her and then added (actually I should say "experimented") adding Copic Opaque White highlights to the roses and her wings. I added the acrylic glitter flourish die cuts for some 'bling' :-).

Seeing Through Plate 42CloseUp

I used distress inks and foam applicator to add a defining edge to the image panel as well as the sentiment panel. I make it a point to stamp out several sentiments at a time which makes it easy to add to a card as needed. I keep the extra sentiments in a baggie with the stamp info written on the outside. The sentiment on this card is from Plate #29.

I absolutely love the sentiments that come with each of the plates. They are so versatile and I love to mix and match these with images from other plates. Speaking about all the awesome stamps, images and sentiments, have you checked out the Sweet Pea Stamps shop recently? Candy for the soul, lo! It's just like Christmas morning to see what new stamps will be released!!! You'll definitely want to head over to the shop and check all of the stamps out!

Oh and before I sign off, I have to say that June's Customer Challenge submissions were AWESOME! You guys keep submitting your creations, they rock!

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous creation Micki !!!
    Hugs
    Mag :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Micki I love your card is is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creation,love the colours

    Grtzz Marjon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those eyes Micki! Love what you did to the wings as well. Great use of color!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Micki,
    Experiment away!!!! This is awesome!!!! Just beautiful. Thanks for the tip on the sentiments and baggies!!! I am going to do it!
    KymKreates

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Micki, her eyes are amazing. You did a wonderful job on this. I Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! This is gorgeous Micki, what lovely coloring and I love the papers.
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Micki, this is gorgeous!!! I love the way you have colored her Oh My her eyes are amazing!! And the papers and embellishments you used are awesome!!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Micki, this is so beautiful! I love how you have colored it and those flourishes are a fabulous touch! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful work Micki! I love the coloring you did on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Micki! I think your 'experiment' worked! Love the flourish you added!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this image! Her eyes are just amazing! Gorgeous card Micki!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the eyes are really great, you've done a great job with this image

    ReplyDelete