Monday, July 19, 2010

Connie-Flowing In Blue (Green)


I just love the sense of peace and tranquility this image projects.
You will find this Sweet Pea image (along with many others just as beautiful!)
by going to the following link and clicking on plate #47:
Sweet Pea Stamps
Actually I chose this one to work with today because it
was perfect to go with this designer paper and that pretty little butterfly ribbon I found.
I stamped the image by ching-chou kuik with Tuxedo Black dye ink by Memories.
I sponged Blending Blox dye inks by Marvy for color, touching up with Copic markers.
I cut several Spellbinders "Labels One" dies and offset them.
I also cut a strip of white and another of a matching dp and
layered those on the right side and put a length of that butterfly ribbon 
by Wrights on top of that.
I added some Prima flowers to cover up some misplaced sponging...LOL
I had fun making this card and that is what stamping
is about.
Thanks for looking!
Connie

9 comments:

  1. Connie,
    When I saw this on your blog I was in lust with it. The technique is superb. One I will be certain to give a try! Thanks for sharing!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, this is very pretty. I love the softness of it. You did a great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did with the background. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so delicate and elegant...love that background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh Love it and yes, that image goes perfectly with that paper. I love the butterfly ribbon and love how you offset the die labels... :-)

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL Connie!!! I love the DP and how you inked the image and went back in with your copics to add more color!!! Oh and that Butterfly ribbon is just gorgeous!!! The perfect touch!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Connie this is gorgeous! I love how soft and elegant it is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely image Connie. I just love this stamp and you have made a wonderful project with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. very pretty, I like how you colored the image and how soft it looks

    ReplyDelete