Friday, July 23, 2010

The Silentness

As a mom- the name of this stamp "The Silentness" just sounds fabulous to me. I can imagine a million different things.

However, The Silentness is an image drawn by ©ching-chou kuik's for Sweet Pea Stamps Fantasty Art Collection. This beautiful sentiment is also on the same plate #57 with the image.



I created this card in the same manner as most others. I selected the image, them the paper then began to color. Once that was finished, I just began to put it together and see where I ended up. I did refer to a sketch to start this time. I have this card sitting on my mantel, and am enjoying looking at it. I will put it in my next box of cards to Operation Write Home, but until then, I am just enjoying the peacefulness it gives off.

10 comments:

  1. I love how your DP paper goes with your embellishments Alex! I agree that image is synonymous for serenity.
    You did a great job at conveying that.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I want to be laying in that field of flowers just daydreaming with her and you have conveyed that feeling splendidly! Nothing overpowers the image and the look of Peace-fullness. I adore it!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful colors together!! I love this image!! What does silentness sound like??? Because as being a Mom of 3.. that's something that doesn't happen in my life!! You have colored her beautifully!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol..... I know what you mean about 'silentness'. Love your papers and colors. Clean design.... just awesome. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant colours. Would be wonderful as a Christmascard I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your color combo Alex. This is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice Alex, I love the coordination between your coloring and the papers you choose. I really have to know if you picked your colors first or your papers first?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this image Alex! Your coloring is so pretty! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet it looks beautiful sitting on your mantle! It is such a lovely card! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete