Monday, August 23, 2010

Dark and Dramatic



I love using feathers with these images! I think they add drama. I did a funky background around this image. I painted it with Twinkling H20's (very carefully as the Memento ink doesn't like water!) then topped it with the Glossy Accents. Something different...and wow is it hard to match papers when you do things like that hehe. Thanks for letting me share it with you!

Supplies used on this project:
Image-Light of Beautitude, Sweet Pea Stamps plate 54
Papers-Neenah white card stock, glossy black card stock-Paper Temptress, black mulberry paper with silver dots unknown, black texture shimmer paper unknown, black card stock Stampin up, DP K & Co stack
Copics-
Skintones-yr0000, e000, e21
Hair-y21, e53, y26
Eyes/makeup-r11, b01, b05, bg05
Wings-bg0000, bg10, rv0000, rv00
Dress-r81, r83, bv11, bv13, bv17
Candles-r81, r83, yg91, yg93
Misc-Luminarte Twinkling H20's "sweet lavender and jasmine", Ranger Glossy Accents, 1/2" circle punch, Sticky gems-diamonds and smooth diamonds, Stickles "pink and crystal", black feathers, Smooch "illuminate and gold"
Lisa

10 comments:

  1. Nice contrast Lisa. Love how you added the feathers.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about feathers! I have an entire drawer full and love to use them!!!! The coloring is so vivid that the black feathers really set it off. I think it is electrifying!
    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa the colors are beautiful and those black feathers really make this card pop!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa I love the feathers! You did a fantastic job coloeing this image, it is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. oohh am totally lovin' that feather and as always your coloring is awesome. Love that glitter........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab colourchoices - love how she stands out from the background. The feather is a great detail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the colors are wonderful and I love those feathers! the sparkle in the hair is really neat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the twinkle and the coloring, esp the hair, it can be so hard to make blond hair with such nice shading as you have shown here! Thanks for sharing all your copic colors with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I am loving the H2O backgrounds! You ladies are really inspiring me to give that a try - I have a had a love/hate relationship with my H2O's (heavy on the hate!) but I am loving them for backgrounds! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Lisa, this is gorgeous! I love your coloring and the sparkle.
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete