Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ex libris sticker tag


After sewing and doing other crafts this week I really missed colouring paper. Here I have used Lisa Victoria's book dragon from sheet 6 plate 63 and my oilpencils and distress ink You might wonder what this is: it's a sticker to put on the inside of your book. I wrote "ex libris" on the dragon's book, which means "this book belongs to". I left the other side of his book blank so the owner can write his of her name. After I coloured it I ran it through my Xyron-machine (it's a machine that makes a sticker of whatever you put in it) and then cut out with a nestie shape that I trimmed. I think this would be great as a little gift for someone that likes to read. Or why not make a bookmark out of it?

11 comments:

  1. So very cute, I have been bust myself making some bookmarks for my grandkids out of some of the stamps!!!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh with Christmas coming up this is perfect! And I could think of several little girls who would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice gift idea Katarina! I think I will make some of these for some Christmas stockings...
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea! You could make these up in little sets and put them in packages of books for kids. Also-could just use your stamps to add their initials to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute Katarina!!! Great idea.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katarina, this is really sweet looking. This would make cute gifts

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute idea! thanks for sharing - they will make great gifts

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SO cute Katarina, what a super cute idea!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete