Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Twilight Halloween

Hi Everybody Micki here.

Before I talk about my card I just wanted to say that last week's Customer Gallery submissions were absolutely outta this world. I always enjoy the variety of cards and more than once I have thought "Now why didn't I think of that". Wonderful array of cards everyone!

For my card today, I pulled out some forgotten metalic paper and colored up Elaine Coxs' Twilight Halloween. Only too appropriate, as I was watching Twilight while coloring up this beauty.



I can't tell you how much fun it is to experiment with this image. I've used some of the darker Copic colors such as BV08 and B79 in the background. For the hair I used R14 and R08 and then came back with N6 to add shadows.

I used my Viva Decor Pearl Pen for the stars, flocked brads and metalic craft trim for embellishments.

For my sentiment I used the Halloween sentiment from Holiday Vertical - Plate 13. This set is a must have! Seriously, I love that the sentiments are vertical because I always seem to think about a sentiment last. Which means I assemble my card and then realize I ran out of room :-). And I love to cut the sentiment apart like I did in this card.

What do you think? I hope you like it and if you get a chance, head over to the Sweet Pea Stamps shop to check out the specials and while you are there, pick up this beauty then grab your coloring medium of choice and experiment! It's addicting......

Supplies used on this project:
Card Stock/Papers:
Neenah Solar White super smooth, Kraft Ribbed card stock, DP retired SU , Bazzil orange, The Paper Co. Bronze Iridescent Metalic paper
Copics:
Skin: E00, R02, E000 (blush: R20)
Hair: R14, R08, N6 and Pitt Artist Pen Red #127
Dress/Hat: V12, V15, V09, V17 and a little of FV2
Gloves/Hatband: YG03, YG07, YG00, G14, FYG2
Moon: R08, YR07, N5, Y38, Y04, Y15
Tree: E47, E57, E30, E33, E34
Owl: R05, E97, W-3, E08, C02, owl eyes Pitt Artist Pen Yellow #109
Leaves: FYG2, R08, YR65, YG25 and Pitt Brown #180 & Yellow #109
Background: BV08, B79, N5, N3, N1
NOTE: I used Pitt Artist Pen in Gray #272 to outline
Misc- Orange eyelets-Making Memories, black metalic trim-Design Work Crafts, Inc., Nestabilities Labels #8, Ice White Pearl Pen-Viva Decor

12 comments:

  1. Micki, this turned out really pretty. I love the colors. You did a fantastic jon on this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny that you, Traci and I used the same image to create with this week.. and all so different!! Micki I love your color choices and the DP you used looks awesome. The tag sentiments is too cute. Great work Micki!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the deep rich tones you have used on this one!!! She is quite bewitching!!! Her hair looks just like mine (in my dreams). No really it turned out luxurious!!!!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Micki. Love the way you attached and used the sentiment. Her hair..... GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Micki!! Perfect coloring and shading job with this one. Love that scary moon you achieved.
    Don't you just love those Viva Decor pens?? They add so much!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning! Love everything about it and the colors??? AMAZING!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Micki. Just WOW. That's stunning. I am in awe of your card. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Micki, this is gorgeous! Love your coloring!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful card, so vibrant and Halloweenish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW these colors are so yummy! Love how your image just pops!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Micki, I LOVE the intense colors you used on this and your fabulous layout! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete