Saturday, October 30, 2010

Grungy, Distressed and ooh so Cute....




Hey everyone, Micki here and I'm so excited to share this card with you guys.
This is "Loves Me" illustrated by one of Sweet Pea Stamps' new artist, Linda Biggs and is available for pre-order HERE.

Fun....omg, I had fun with this image, possibly because I looked at the image and immediately had some ideas. That and that this image screams grunge, distressed, heavy metal which was my first love back when I embarked in this stamping adventure :-)! LOL, this love even transfered over to my photography.


The image is colored with Copics first, then I went over it with colored pencils. For the background, I used a gray (very chalky) colored pencil blended with Futuro Floor Polish and a blending stump. The blue underneath the flower is me experimenting by taking the blending stump and picking up some blue pearlescent chalk (Peebles, Inc.).
I dug out my jewelry making supplies to add some 'metal', lol. Also added the safety pin which is a little too big to add directly on the image but works great on the card front.



Yup, this little girl has definitely captured my heart... kinda reminds me of the cute little Gremlins.

10 comments:

  1. too cute! that bg paper is tdf! love the heavy metal feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heavy metal....oh yeah!! LOVE it Micki!!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Micki, this is awesome!! I love the metal looks and your colorinf rocks!! Love it!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable image and your coloring is great. I just love the embellishments you added and the paper you picked to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Micki, there is something about this little creature that I love and you did a fabulous job creating with it. The embellishments are great. The metal looking background tops it off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Micki- you ROCKED this girl! I love, love, LOVE it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the metal from the ears! How creative!!!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  8. Micki, this is SO cool! I love what you did with this image!! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool look! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. FANTASTIC project. Would make any little boys day. I love how you coloured them. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete