Thursday, November 25, 2010

Caron Vinson's Blue Fairy





Hi everyone :) I'm so excited to share my card with you today. Lynette, the owner of Sweet Pea Stamps has added some incredible new artists to her stamp designs. This particular image is illustrated by the amazing Caron Vinson. I LOVE her illustrations, they are absolutely gorgeous! This particular image is called Blue Fairy (of course, I didn't color mine blue :) ). I colored my image with copics. I then sponged around my image lightly with purple ink using my Tim Holtz blending tool. Next I added some Stardust Stickles to her wings and some purple glitter from my purple glitter Sakura gel pen to her bracelets. Next I created my card base out of SU cardstock. The yummy DP is from DCWV (love this paper!). For some finishing touches, I added pearls, Primas, roses from Wild Orchid Crafts, and a butterfly, which was made by Prima (I got it at Michael's). What do you think?

Well, that's it from me today. Thanks so much for stopping by.

Hugs, Christine

10 comments:

  1. Love the soft "little girl" look you got with this Christine.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card, love the purple! the embellishments are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the purple tone and all the embellishments with the glitter. Beautiful.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, I can't wait to stamp and play with this artist's work!! Thanks so much for the inspiration that you provide

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Christine!! I love the balck and purple color combo!! These fairies have the cutest little faces and button noses!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. she is so precious Christine, sweet and inncocent looking. Your did a beautiful job on your coloring on her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christine, this is SO pretty! I love how you did her wings! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my Christine she is rapturous. The colors you have chosen are perfect!!!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is stunning in purple. I like seeing different colors on these images. I too agree the wings ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! What a card! I just LOVE it. Your colouring is amazing and the choice of papers. The butterfly tops it off beautifully. Great work!

    ReplyDelete