Monday, November 29, 2010

Connie-Caron Vinson "Royal Flower"


I used one of Sweet Pea's new artist stamps for today's art.
This beauty is by Caron Vinson and she is
"Royal Flower"
You will find her by clicking

I tried something a little different with the Spellbinder die
"Labels One".  I ran the large size through my Cuttlebug with the
embossing rubber first on a 4" square panel.  If you look closely you can see
the tone-on-tone embossing on the panel.  Then I carefully put the smaller size die 
on the same panel and cut it out.  

I ended up with a nice "frame" for the shape.  I popped up the overlay
piece after running some sheer pink ribbon behind it.
I layered this onto some dp by Basic Grey, colored the lady
with Copic markers, edged the panel with dye ink, tied a bow and added some Prima flowers 
and Basic Grey pearls.

Check out the many new stamps and new artists over at Sweet Pea today!
Thanks for looking,
Connie


9 comments:

  1. Connie she is impeccable. I just love the innocence of these stamps. Great job!!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, beautiful, I love the softness you created. Wonderful work

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is so soft, sweet and innocent. the colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie, I love the softness you acheive with your coloring and DP. I really love these images and their faces are too adorable. The frame you created is wonderful Connie.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the embossed panel. Great choice of colours and papers too. I really like the pastel colours. Great work Connie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Conni! You are always so creative, with new things to try!! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  7. Connie, I love the soft coloring which I think is perfect for this image. So vintage-victorian. Love it.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this new artist. Your card came out so nice. The pastels look really elegant with this image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty- love the framing of the image and the aged look to everything.

    ReplyDelete