Saturday, November 27, 2010

Gwynth


This is from the newest sheet in the Nikki Burnette collection, Plate #92 and the image is Gwynth.  When coloring, I decided that it was a moon, not a sun in the corner.  Everything is colored with markers except for the moon and jewelry are with Spica glitter markers and the sky is one of my very first attempts at watercolor with dye inks.  I was going to use markers on the sky as well, but it just needed to be less 'solid' for lack of a better descriptive word.  I am pleased with the watercolor look and can see the combination of techniques happening quite often in the future.

Get Inky!
Alex

8 comments:

  1. I love your color scheme Alex! Those are some of my favorite colors.
    Love your sky by the way!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the night theme and the sky is really pretty! great color scheme also

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALex I think you did an outstanding job on her. She looks so beautiful in the lighter colors and your sky look awesome.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alex, love your color choices. This turned out so perfect, I love it. She looks so radiant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How brilliant to use that patterned paper. It's so spot on! A beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful job Alex! I think you did a great job with the water-colored sky! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that paper is perfect, lo..... and I love those colors. And yes, I love using watercolors sometimes too..... perfect. Gorgeous card!

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great design. I can't wait to see this stamp. Thanks so much for making a beautiful card to share this design with us!!

    ReplyDelete