Friday, November 26, 2010

Holly Fairy

Hi! I am busy working on making my Christmas cards, and I was so excited to get to play with one of ching-chou kuik's Christmas images. Plate 60 has four absolutely stunning holiday images and I can't wait to make each one into a card (they can each be purchased individually, too).



The holly in this image reminded me of some older Bo Bunny paper that I had, so I did my best to color the image so the background would look like an extension of the DP (or the DP would look like an extension of the background of the image.) I colored the image with Copic markers and added some stickles and a glitter pen for sparkle. I used the Martha Stewart icicle punch on clear card stock, then covered that with tinsel glitter and layered it under the ribbon.

The Details:
Stamp: Holly Fairy - chin-chou kuik (Plate 60) - from Sweet Pea Stamps
Paper: Bo Bunny, Handsome Hunter (SU), White for image (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Walnut Stain and Antique Linen Distress Inks
Copics:
Skin: E000,E00,E11,R00,R20
Hair: YG11
Wings and Clothes: YG11,YG25,YG17,G14,G17,G29
Holly and Background: YG11,YG25,YG17,G14,G17,G29,T6 all w/R02 over them, R24,R29,R39, E50
Misc: Martha Stewart Icicle Punch, Martha Stewart Tinsel Glitter (mica), Stardust Stickles, Sakura Clear Stardust pen, Ribbon (Retired SU), Cuttlebug Embossing Folder


I hope you are having fun getting your Holiday cards done!
:-)Traci

8 comments:

  1. Love how the dp is perfectly matched for the image Traci. It all goes together so well!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh this is pretty Traci. Love the matching paper. This would be a delight for anyone to receive for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traci, it's beautiful. I love the paper and your coloring is beautiful. That icicle punch is perfect. Gorgeous.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Traci. The ribbon and the patterned paper are perfect together and I haven't missed the icicle border. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card - you did such a wonderful job of matching the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a vibrant beauty. I love the icicles great touch!!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW- I love how you matched this up so amazingly with the paper. An absolutely gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this Traci. Her hair looks awesome in the light green, and that bow, Dp and icicles is the perfect touch.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete