Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The New Lisa Victoria Castles

There are wonderful new Castle images coming out from artist Lisa Victoria. I had the chance to make some adorable cards with one of them in two sizes. I call this card "My home is a castle" because we all like to believe that we are living in a real castle, don't we?

The saying comes from Plate #19. I used Bazzil Swiss dotted paper in the background and some Spellbinders Nestabilities to cut out the image.


There was a similar image that was smaller, this one gave me several cute ideas such as tiny fairies, elves and sprites. But at the moment I am making a birthday card for a little girl. Every little girl wants to get a castle for her birthday! Even when I was a child I wanted to have a doll house that looked like a Castle.
For this card I used Olivia (Plate #14) and some great stamp sayings (Plate #9). I added in some wild metallic pink paper and used a border punch from Fiskars. I added a princess crown on top of Olivia because all birthday girls need a crown.

Hope you are all looking forward to the Lisa Victoria Castles.

Cheers, Holley

9 comments:

  1. Oh Holley these are adorable!! I like the way you did the border on Olivia the best! She looks great with the black background.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holley, these are soooo cute. I love seeing cards using the 'Gum Drop Gang'. Your coloring on the first card is fantastic. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. your cards are so cute! love the colors and layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love how you used the castle with Olivia.... and the colors you chose for your first card are perfect. Love the brown & blue combo..... hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holley, these are super sweet! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable and perfect for any little princess. Thanks for all your sweet comments on my cards!! You ladies make me smile!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my these are just darling! Perfect for any little girl!!! Way to go!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the little crown you put on her head - so clever. The colours are really fab on both cards.

    ReplyDelete