Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Starry Ornament

Today I would like to share a Christmas Ornament featuring Elaine Cox's Starry Garden Fairy. It was made with a red plastic star shaped cookie cutter.



I embellished the outer edge with ribbon and using the Crop-a-Dile cut a hole in the top for a hanger.



Tracing the cookie cutter, along the flat surface edge, on Bo Bunny's Holiday Magic Ornaments paper, I cut the shape out and glued it to the flat edge with the print side facing the inside of the cutter.

Stamp your image and color with copics. Add some sparkle with Sakura glitter pens and punch out in a 2" circle. Mat it on a 2.25" circle, using the solid side of the Bo Bunny paper using dimensional glue dots. Punch a hole in the top of the circle and run a piece of gold string through it, knotting at the top.

Cut a star shape from some red card stock and adhere to the back of the circle. Thread the gold string through the hole hanger hole of the cookie cutter, knotting and then tie off about 4" from the cookie cutter.

9 comments:

  1. Too cute Jennifer. Great idea to use cookie cutters!! Great job on this too.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing idea. I think I am going to make a couple of these!!! I love it!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Jenn this is adorable and what an awesome idea!!!! I love it!!!!....ok you know what I'm stocking up on after the holidays (plastic cookie cutters)

    Awesome project. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good ida Jennifer! I am sure we all have waay too many of these things lurking in our cupboards and now we know what to do with them.
    I really like the way it turned out.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer, I love this. It turned out so adorable. The image you chose is perfect for this, along with your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome project!! Thanks for sharing your great christmas ornament idea. I love that you could also turn around and use this idea for all kinds of holidays or occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome! I agree- what a wonderful idea. Love the star she is wearing too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever idea. How smart to use a star shape, just like her necklace. Fab work

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!! What a great ornament! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete