Thursday, December 30, 2010

Ocean Fantasy

After the busy holiday season, I finally had a chance to sit down, unwind and attempt to color. It's always hard for me to choose from the beautiful stamps and decided to close my eyes and let my fingers pick a stamp. (After this month, my brain and head needs a rest :-) So my friends, for my card today, I (ahem, my fingers) picked Ocean Fantasy from Plate #21.

Align Center

I decided to use my oval nestability die to 'focus' on the beautiful mermaid. Since I had not played with my Copics in what seemed like ages, it took me a while to get her colored.

The card base is 4.25" by 5.25" because I had a kit from Rusty Pickle and decided to use the file folder extending the tab at the top. The prismatic card stock panel is from Colorbok and the glittery swirls are stickers from White Blossom.

Added a handmade ribbon rose, satin ribbon leaf vines and a button. I used tweezers to tuck the end of the leaf vine ribbon into the button holes.


As always when I started out coloring I had doubts thinking that my "mojo" had not returned but anytime I sit down and start coloring any of the Sweet Pea Stamps, I always end up finding my crafting mojo.

Make sure to stop by the shop and check the latest specials :-)..... thanks so much for stopping by.

9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Micki! Sorry I've been AWOL with my comments lately.
    I've been distracted but will try harder, promise.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Mickj. I love your coloring and the beautiful embellishments that you have added. The sparkly blueness really catches the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card! love how vibrant the colors are and the embellishments are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is a magnificent pick. She looks like she is flowing right out of the card!!!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Micki! As always, you have created a work of art. The background behind the image is amazing, you must tell me how you did that! The bright colors and elements are FABULOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Micki! What a gorgeous scene you have created! I love all of the fabulous details like the "waves" behind her and the seaweed and swirls! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Micki, this is GORGEOUS!! What a pieces of art you ahve created. I love the way you colored her and the background looks awesome along with all the embellishments you added. Love your rose too.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Micki, this is so gorgeous. I love your swirls, looks so much like the waves. Your coloring is remarkable. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your colouring is fab and I love all the details. The wavey paper is fab as is the flower and swirls.

    ReplyDelete