Saturday, January 29, 2011

Brigid Ashwood's Steampunk Bee and Firefly



I'm back today with another image from Brigid Ashwood. This one is her Bee image from her Steampunk artwork. Believe it or not NO COPICS!!!! I colored the whole image with Twinkling H2O's. This set is on pre-order now, sheet #4 /Plate#105.



After I painted the whole image, I masked the bee and sprayed a small amount of Glimmer Mist over the background. I added alot of pics to show you all the glimmer from the Twinkling H2O's.







Here is a simple card using the same image I showed you earlier this week Brigid Ashwood's Firefly. I stamped it on some kraft paper and used Distressing inks around the image and used a white gel pen to add some highlights. I wanted to show you that even though this image has alot of detail you can still not color it and the artwork is still just as beautiful.





I added some art tape, safety pins and that was about it.




This image is on sheet #3/ Plate #104 and both can be found HERE.


Thanks for stopping in today.


11 comments:

  1. Wow these are just stunning Angela.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the metallic sheen you achieved Angela.
    Very nice!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how these turned out! So breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is stunning! It looks like the bee has "fur" - how marvelous. I also like the bottom card with the white shiny marks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One word..... WOW!

    WOW - I'm speechless. I absolutely LOVE that bee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, love the bee - it is fantastic! and the fairy is awesome, love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I saw the fotos I knew those are Angela creations before I read the author :o). Those images are just made for you! You make such wonderful projects with them. I absolutely love the bee, looks so great with this golden background. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning Angela. Wow. I couldn't believe it when you put NO COPICs on there, then I read how you made it. Awesome technique. Thanks so much for sharing how you made it. THe card just looks so unbelieveable!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agela these are so stunning, I love the gold bee. Very top notched cards

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing Angela! Both of them are gorgeous for different reasons, but your coloring with the twinkling h2os is wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. absolutely stunning!!!!your work is always amazing babe, the way youve used twinkling h2o"s is totally fab
    love your work
    big hugz
    rellz x.x. : o )

    ReplyDelete