Sunday, February 20, 2011

Dramatic Jewels


I really tried something new with this project. I'd never done a black background like this before. I was after a dramatic look and am really pleased with how this turned out! I colored the background with my black Copic then topped it with the Glossy Accents to give it the dimension and shine. I love how it makes the beautiful image just jump!

Supply List:
Image
Ching Chou Kuik's " Jeweled" , Sweet Pea Stamps
Sentiment-Whiff of Joy "believe"
Ink
Memento, Tuxedo Black
Papers
Neenah Smooth white card stock
Designer Papers-Bo Bunny "Petal Pushers"
Solid color card stocks-Stampin Up
Copic Markers
Skin tones-yr0000, e000, yr000, e21
Hair-c00, c1, c3, c5, c7
Clothing-rv17, rv19, rv69
Eyes-b91, b93, b95, bg01, bg02
Jewels-yg03, yg05, bg01
Background-100
Misc Supplies
Sheer black ribbon
3 round, flat back gems, teal
Ranger Glossy Accents (black background around image)
Chalks for cheeks
Stickles "Stardust"
Smooch "Illuminate, Gold and Pool"
dimensional adhesive
Scotch ATG gun and adhesive

Lisa

12 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Lisa, knock-your-socks-off beautiful! The black background is stunning. What a difference a color makes. Good job.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Connie, it's so dramatic, I love it. It definitely makes the image pop off the card. Gorgeous I'm so going to try this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Lisa. I love the deep colors and her hair is GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this definitely worked. It is a winner. Just lovely!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a real beauty love the dramatic colours

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks gorgeous, Lisa. I also love this black background. And the dotted paper is a perfect combination to this beautiful image. Your creation is a real eyecatcher.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Love the black-colour contrast! Greetings from Belgium, Annelies

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow!! This is so striking Lisa, looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous, love how dramatic it looks - the colors are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa I love how the black background makes the image pop and look so 3D. Awesome.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, I love how vibrant it is. It's so bright and alive even. Turned out really stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow wee this is amazing ! love the black backing

    ReplyDelete