Sunday, February 27, 2011

Field of Poppies

Today I want to share with you a card I made with one of my fave colour combination blue and yellow. I love those colours together very much as it looks so fresh. I created my card with one of the wonderful images of the ching-chou kuik's Fantasy Art Collection. It is called 'Field of Poppies'. You can get it as a single stamp and on plate # 86 together with three other beauties.



I coloured her with Distress Inks on 300 gram watercolour paper. The DP I used is full of purple poppies. So when I saw this image I already knew it have to be THIS paper I use together with it. I cannot say anymore from who this paper is. It is from a paper stack but the cover is missing, so no idea anymore from where it is. The frame and the corner dies are from Spellbinders. For the flowery touch I used blooms from Wild Orchid. The border is made with a punch of  Fiskars. The leafs are punched with a Martha Stewart punch. The ribbon, lace and blings are from local shops.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Thank you very much for your visit here. Don't miss to check the newest wonderful images of Sweet Pea Stamps.

Hugs, Karina

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful. She is stunning in these colors and nothing I ever would have thought to use. A truly gorgeous creation Karina!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is amazing, I can't wait to take delivery of my stamps x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Karina! I love that color combo you used and think another could not ever compare.
    Your dp is a perfect companion to this image. The bling was made for this creation.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my Karina!! Your coloring is divine and that card is simply beautiful!!

    Hugs
    Renee xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous color combination - stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this color combo Karina and the image is so beautifully colored. I love all the embellishments you used on this one. Stunning.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic card Karina. It's very "swedish" (yellow and blue are in the swedish flag) Love all the scrolly details. FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karina, love the yellow and blue combo. Your artwork is amazing and this is another masterpeice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful Karina. It's a really stunning work. I love this color combination. The yellow is just gorgeous and the blue goes so well with it. Magnificent

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karina, it's simply stunning. Having such a hard time with card design and adding those 'extra' touches, this just makes my mouth drop. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing..Stunning work!!:) Love all of it♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I looked at this card again today and I just LOVE IT. Those corners, just a stunning touch. YUM, I love the yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooo this is sooooo pretty! Just incredible colors and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore your background. What a super creation!

    xoxo,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete