Thursday, June 23, 2011

Connie-Purple Autumn


Would you believe this whole card came about all because of that 
strip of DP along the left side?
Of course the beautiful image "Purple Autumn" by Artist Ching-Chou Kuik
(plate 129) doesn't hurt either.
I trimmed it out of the pretty backdrop though so if you want
to see this image in all its' original glory click


and check it out!

Supplies used:
DP by Prima "Fairy Flora"
flowers from cake aisle at Michael's "Table Confetti"
(these were airbrushed with Copic markers)
gems and pearls from $1 section at Target
Doily Die by Cheery Lynn Designs "Italian Flourish"

I made the aqua background paper by smooshing ink pads
across glossy cardstock since I did not have any of that
color on hand. 
I also airbrushed the doily diecut to match.
(it does match in colors but scan doesn't show it) 
*TIP*
When cutting an intricate die such as this type it works very well
to place a piece of wax paper between die and cardstock.  I had no problem getting all the tiny 
cuts to fall out.

Thanks for looking and thanks for stopping by!
Connie

10 comments:

  1. Wow Connie... what a gorgeous card,die cut,and layout! I love your coloring and I really love the colors... that blue is gorgeous! Perfect card... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the airbrushing and blues. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty Connie, love the colors. Love her eyes. You did a remarkable job on this

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely beautiful Connie! Love the SMOOSHING technique, one of my favorite for lots of things :) Also, the hint about the wax paper, AWESOME! Going to give it a try and maybe I will love some of my dies again that I currently avoid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Connie. Fabulous colouring and the turquise looks so great.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card, those flowers are great - will have to check out that section sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the idea of cutting out the image. It's such an easy technique, but does so much for the card. Love the blue swirly thing too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL Connie. I love the colors and that die is so beautiful. Great coloring and I love that you cut her out.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love that you trimmed the background because that background you put her on really makes her shine. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so pretty!!! Those blues are just stunning. I love the doily die cut behind her, it really makes her pop from the background. Love it.

    ReplyDelete