Monday, March 19, 2012

Ladybug

Hi dear Sweet Pea Stamps friends, today I want to show you something totally different as I usual do. I tried out a new technique. I stamped and coloured on acetate. Those beautiful images from ching-chou kuik's are perfect for this. I used 'Ladybug' here, which is available on Plate # 79 together with three other fabulous images. Ladybug is available as a single stamp as well. 

I stamped the image with a black Staz'On ink pad on a sheet of acetate. Then I coloured the image on the backside with Copics! On the front side I added some little accents with a white gel pen. The background I used here is the card which was in a package of Prima flowers. I thought it would fit perfect as the background for my image, which is shining through the acetate. I abstained adding embellishments as they would take off the focus from this gorgeous image which I didn't want.



Have a magical day!
Hugs, Karina

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow! That's just stunning! I've tried stamping and colouring on acetate myself before now, using ProMarkers, but I didn't manage to get the intensity of colour that you've achieved here. It's a beautiful card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the white accents Karina!! It makes your image POP!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. STUNNING!!! What a creative idea and the end result is amazing! Beautiful coloring and highlights. Just fabulous Karina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karina, this is so stunning. I love the brightness you achieved with the copics and acetate. I love the wet look of your coloring on this.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. This must have been a work great determination. Acetate! Wow!
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Karina, this is GORGEOUS. Your coloring on this is amazing, The image really stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bright and amazing! It's just stunning. WOW. I love the image and the card itself makes the image look all the better. WOW again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning work, love the glossiness and those vibrant colors - and those adorable dots!

    ReplyDelete