Friday, September 14, 2012

Variations Week: Holley's View

Hello everyone! I hope you have been enjoying the variations on the Toucan stamp this week.  This gorgeous design is from artist ching-chou kuik on Plate #211.  What a stunning image.  We don't have any toucans around here in Austin, but we are surrounded by native parrots.  Not the Scarlet Macaws, but green parrots actually live in the "wild" in my neighborhood. 
The other day I was walking by my neighbor's house (she has bird feeders) and I looked up at the power line, there was ELEVEN parrots right there.  WOW.  Sight to be seen, and a squawk you can hear!  Now, if we just had these awesome toucans in our neighborhood, imagine seeing that.  I think the parrots actually came from Mexico at some time and just settled here.  Amazing.   Be sure and check out all the beautiful stamps on this sheet from artist ching-chou kuik. 

Cheers, Holley

3 comments:

  1. I love how you colored this image Holley! The ribbon goes well with the colors you chose and I like that it is offset.
    The butterfly is the perfect addition.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so beautiful, Holley. You did a great colouring on him. I also love the ribbon and the butterfly in the corner. Both are wonderful additions.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ove the ribbon Holley, the colors you chose for this image are very striking. You did a beautiful job on your view of this stamp

    ReplyDelete