Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Ching Chou Phone Case

Hey Everyone. It is Olivia here. Super excited to showcase a 3D project I did for Sweet Pea Stamps.  This is my own personalized phone case I made for myself using Ching Chou fantastic image-Dark Lilies. This image can be found in rubber or in digi.


I have spring on my mind and thought a bright and sparkly case would be perfect to just welcome it in and celebrate the season.

Here is how I did it. First if colored my image on a separate paper.  I then used a clear blank phone case (I order my online from Ebay since I love to make these). My first step was to paint it with acrylic paint and then let it dry. Once dry I used Mod Podge to add the sparkle.  Once that layer is dry, I applied the image via Mod Podge. It takes about 2-3 coats to make sure it is adhered good and you need to wait between each layer (about 10-15 minutes between layers).  Then I added another layer of sparkle on it. 

My final step was the embellish around it with various gemstones and rhinestones I have in my stash. I just go crazy here and add them were I feel like it. I used E600 glue to add the pearls and rhinestones.

So there you have it! A fantastic personalized case that is one of a kind and with these gorgeous images can be suited to your taste and style. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's just stunning. I would love to carry that around. What beautiful work Olivia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rockin' phone case!!! I may have to try that - problem is which image to chose and then I will end up doing several.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big WOW Olivia, this is a stunning creation :) :) :) Hugs Jane xxxx

    ReplyDelete