Monday, April 28, 2014

Dragonflies by Ching Chou Kuik

Sweet Pea Stamps

Hello folks, here I am again with another creation for  Sweet Pea Stamps.  This week I am using the digi Dragonflies by Ching Chou Kuik.

I rather fancied something a little different this week saying as I have used a lot of lace recently that is one item that was going to be avoided :)  Instead I designed a dragonfly border to be cut with my die cutter.
Next I air brushed it with a green Promarker and used embossing powder sprinkled on top fairly lightly, just to give some texture.
 And here is the completed frame.
 Next I tried using oil pastels for the white area behind the digi which will be coloured with Promarmers.  I am wanting to try the new Spectrum Noir pastel crayons when they come out which are oil based so thought it was a good way to start experimenting.
 Next I coloured the digi with Promarkers.
 Got to have a bit of bling so I added Stickles to the centres of the flowers and sections of the dragonfly wings.
Out with a new die ( I bought it last year but have not used it till now), Elizabeth Craft Designs dragonfly.  The bodies were cut using the same card as I used for the card base and the wings out of a clear overhead projector sheet.  I then sprayed ares of the wings with my Purple Promarker.  Later, when I laid them on the card they needed more colour so I sprayed the back of the wings with Orange Promarker.

 I cut a simple frame to go behind the digi which I airbrushed with Green, Spice and Metallic Gold Promarkers.  I only wanted a hit of a shaped edge, more as an accent really than being to obvious. Time to assemble and here we have the finished card.

Ingredients
  • Pearl card from Craft Creations
  • Digi - Dragonflies by Ching Chou Kuik.
  • Promarkers
  • Dies - background by me and Elizabeth Craft Designs dragonfly
  • Stickles
  • Oil Pastels
  • Transparent sheet, gems and embossing powder from my stash
Thank you for stopping by and have a happy crafting day :) xx

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful - love all your dragonflies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, just stunning, the cut paper background is lovely (and gorgeous in the glitter) and the die cuts are beautiful. Gorgeous colored image on top!! Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete