Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Featured Artist Week with Aletha

Hi all! Aletha here with a Sweet Pea project using one of my favorite images from Conie Fong, “Tranquility.” I have chosen to use the digital image, but you can also purchase this beautiful illustration as a rubber stamp too. 



I loved coloring Tranquility with my Copics. After this was complete I did a fussy cut and mounted her on an oval die cut and again on an intricate oval die cut.


The background was completed with an embossing folder and some embossing ink and powder for that metallic look. I used a few other dies for the shells background. My tiny shells are from a sack of shells that I purchased a while back. I just had to have them at that time, and now I am glad that I did make that purchase.



Our One Sweet Challenge is still going on with the theme of “Hit the Beach.” I hope you join us. If you do, and you used a Sweet Pea image, head over to our Facebook’s Group art contest.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope that you stop by every day and check out what Sweet Pea’s Design Team and in store for you.
Aletha Jane
Sweet Pea Designer

8 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous one, Aletha!! Love you coloring - It is stunning as always. And those colors look amazing.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully done. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's just absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful - love all the colors in her hair and her sweet rosey cheeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aletha, this is gorgeous, the colors are beautiful, your coloring always amazes me, how bold it is

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say is WOW. WOW. WOW. Colours layers boldness amazing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! You make the girl and the flower pop out with your lovely coloring! Amazing! Hugs Milo <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. In awe Aletha, this is simply stunning, unusual colour scheme and it works perfectly - can't keep my eyes off your card :) :) :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete