Sunday, September 21, 2014

Featured Artist Week: Jane's View

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase an image from Sweet Pea Stamps for our Artist Week where the whole team are using images by Elaine Cox.  I have chosen to work with the image Maggie.

Just for a change I have made a note pad holder instead of a card <g>.
To begin with I coloured the gorgeous image Maggie with my trusty friends - Promarkers
 Promarkers used
While back in the UK this time I treated myself to some new crafty items and on of them was the Spray and Sparkle from Crafters Companion.  I thought the gold spray may just come in handy (at the back of my mind was fairy wings <g>).  This is the first time I have used this and WOW I am mega impressed, not very glittery, just enough for a wee sparkle but it is also a varnish and the effect is even better than I thought it would be.
For a bit more bling I coloured some clear gemstones with my Holly Promarker, these were added to the centres of the flowers.
To hold the paper pad I have made a small tray box using the same card as I used for the project.  To finish off I trimmed the lower outside edges with some blue lace and added the ribbon loop to hold the pencil.
Oh I do love decorating my IKEA pencils hahahaha, here I have coloured the pencil with  a Promarker and then added a string of pearls with gems.  A big bag of gems was another purchase I made and I just love nosing around in it to see all the different ones I found in a few shops.
 And here we have the finished note pad holder.

Ingredients
  • Image -  Maggie by Elaine Cox
  • Promarkers
  • Dies - Tim Holtz Decorative Strip Die - Interlocking Ovals
  • Backing paper - Pixels_And_Icecream  Flowerpower 
  • Ribbon, lace and beads from my stash
Thank you for stopping by and hope you have a happy crafting day ahead :)

1 comment: