Sunday, September 27, 2015

Jane presents Lil Zeba's Floral Parasol by Heather Valentin

 Morning folks and my turn to share with you a creation for this week.  Continuing with my journals for my kids I have designed this page using Lil Zeba's Floral Parasol by Heather Valentin available in both rubber and as a digi.

To begin with I coloured the image using polychromos.
Next I prepeared my journal pages with white Gesso.  Now all the time I was colouring the image the chorus from the song 'Oh What A Beautiful Morning' kept repeating in my head.  I guess that was a subtle hint that I should include the words on my journal page hahahaha.  With the chorus in mind I decided to create a background of zebra stripes and use different textures for each of the black stripes then write the text in some of the white areas.  For my textures I used black acrylic paint applied thickly (that is the shiny bit, alas could not get a good pic as the light kept reflecting off it), black velvet patterned paper, black ribbon, black lace and black beads.
 I also used black glitter.
 As the image had a button for one eye I decided to use a real button.
To link in with the button on the image I then covered the bottom left black stripe with lots more pink buttons.
A pretty simple page but at this point I felt adding anything else would just not work so walked away before I started playing and adding more items lol.

Ingredients:-
  • Image - Lil Zeba's Floral Parasol by Heather Valentin
  • Colouring medium - Polychromos and acrylic paint
  • From my stash - buttons, lace, velvet paper, acrylic paint, glitter, beads, ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment